Someone brute-forced into a client’s WordPress site and added cryptomining js. Good thing they knocked down an HTML div on their way out!
Yesterday, at my parents’ cabin outside Stockholm, me and my father were having an office session after breakfast. Me procrastinating thesis work, him doing whatever he was doing. At one point he needed to check something on the website of FactWise, a company where he is involved.
The website didn’t appear as it should. The carousel in the footer was broken and the subsequent contact details bar had been pushed off to the side.
The FactWise website is one of the first I’ve made, at least counting those which are still up and running today. Dad had a friend do the design, and I turned the PSDs into a WordPress theme and set it all up on shared hosting. It’s not beautiful but it works – kind of.
I am building a very minimalistic calendar plugin for WP (an idea that doesn’t seem to turn out very well so far), and I got a cryptic JS error when adding JQuery datepicker saying “a is undefined”. I debugged this for a good two or three hours, until today I tried replacing the minified datepicker.js file with source code.
The error turned out to be caused by the same HTML id being assigned to a meta box div as well as to a custom field.