Connecting to Eduroam (at the University of Gothenburg) was tricky this time. The main problem was ensuring the CA Certificate was installed. Clicking the certificate link on the instructions page at Medarbetarportalen gave a message saying This certificate is already installed as a certificate authority. Yet, when configuring the WiFi connection, there was no option to choose that certificate (or any other certificate, for that matter). The trick turned out to be first saving the file, and then opening it.
You don’t have to bother with the crazy Eduroam CAT app.
- Visit the Installationsguide Eduroam page.
- On Google Chrome, long-tap the certificate link at the bottom of the page and select Download link.
- Or, if you use another browser, save the file on a computer and transfer it to your phone 🤷♀️
- Install the certificate by either opening it through the file browser, or using Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced > View more > Install network certificates.
- Finally, configure the network connection:
EAP method: PEAP
Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
CA certificate: (whatever name you gave it, should be an option between Select certificate and Don’t validate)
Identity: x…@gu.se or gus…@gu.se
This was with Android 8.0.0 on a Samsung Galaxy J3. Your mileage may vary. Good luck 🤞